- Tournament Details
- Schedule of Events
- Rankings & Exemptions
- Travel & Lodging
- Player Gifts
- Notice to Competitors
The third annual Dustin Johnson World Junior Golf Championship will tee off with the goal of attracting an international field comprised of some of the game’s best junior golfers. The invitational event for Boys and Girls 13-18 will feature 90 players from around the world and will be played at TPC Myrtle Beach February 23-25, 2018.
With the support of Johnson, the #1 player in the World, the tournament will provide participants a PGA Tour-like experience, and the chance to test themselves against premier players from across the globe.
TPC Myrtle Beach, which was home to the Senior PGA Tour Championship, was built with the idea of hosting Tour-level events, and Dustin Johnson World Junior Championship participants will be the beneficiaries. From names on their lockers to placards on the range and live scoring throughout the property, the tournament will provide players an experience similar to what DJ enjoys on Tour.
The February date, which will take advantage of Myrtle Beach’s sub-tropical climate, will give juniors a chance to jump-start their season at one of the best events on the calendar.
ENTRY FEE: The participant entry fee is $250. All applications require a credit card to be placed on hold. The entry fee can be paid by check or credit card and will not be processed until acceptance.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The first 90 players applying by January 4th who meet an invitation category will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. After January 4th, any available invitations will be made from category & at-large application pool on a rolling basis. At-large applications will be accepted no earlier than January 4th.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Applications meeting an invitation category are due by January 4th and accepted on a first come first serve basis. Entry deadline is January 23, 2018 or once 90 player applications have been accepted, whichever comes first.
PRACTICE ROUND: Tournament practice rounds will be available on Thursday, February 22 for all participants. Once accepted as a participant, practice round tee time can be set up through the Professional Staff at TPC Myrtle Beach by calling 843-357-3399.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations need to be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received prior to end of day January 23rd will receive a full refund. Cancellations received between January 24th and February 14th will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received on or after February 15 will forfeit their entry fee.
PARTICIPANT CHECK-IN: Player check-in will be held Thursday, February 22, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at TPC Myrtle Beach Clubhouse. Players unable to register at this time should notify the Tournament Committee prior to February 21.
WELCOME DINNER: The welcome dinner will begin at 6:00 PM on Thursday, February 22 at the at to be determined restaurant. There will be a Player Meeting held immediately following dinner.
TEE TIMES: Tee times will be Friday, February 23 – Sunday, February 25, from approximately 9:00 – 11:20 a.m. off the Nos. 1 and 10 tees.
CUT LINE: After the second round of play. The top 40 & ties in the boys division and the top 15 and ties in the girls division will play the third and final round. Cut line is subject to final participation.
TOURNAMENT TEES: The Boys Championship will be played at approximately 6900 yards and Girls Championship at approximately 6000 yards.
PLAYER HOSPITALITY: Lunch will be provided on Thursday, February 22 at the TPC Myrtle Beach Clubhouse for all players. Breakfast and lunch will be provided Friday, February 23 – Sunday, February 25 at the TPC Myrtle Beach Clubhouse for all players. Healthy snacks and beverages will be available on the course during tournament play for all participants.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM – Tournament Practice Round Tee Times Available
– TPC Myrtle Beach
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Player Registration at TPC Myrtle Beach
7:00 – Range Opens
– All players must register at that time. If you are unable to register during that time, please let the Tournament Staff know prior to February 21st.
6:00 PM – Welcome Dinner and Player Meeting
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23
9:00 – 11:20 AM – Tournament Round 1 Tee Times
– Holes 1 & 10
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24
9:00 – 11:20 AM – Tournament Round 2 Tee Times
– Holes 1 & 10
Cut after the second round of play. Top 40 & Ties in the boys division and top 15 and ties in the girls division will play the third and final round. Cut line is subject to final participation.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25
8:00 – 10:20 AM – Tournament Final Round Tee Times*
– Holes 1 & 10
Following Play – Awards Ceremony and Trophy Presentation
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Buffet Lunch Available in Clubhouse
*All times are subject to change.
Results will be sent to World Amateur Golf Ranking, AJGA, National Junior Golf Scoreboard and GolfWeek, SCJGA, TYGA and other state associations by request. Weight, stars, performance ratings and overall acceptance of Dustin Johnson World Junior results is at each individual associations’ discretion. If you wish to have results sent to your local state/regional association not listed please contact email@example.com.
Boys Champion will receive exemption to:
- 2018 Bobby Chapman Invitational
- 2018 Beth Daniel Junior Azalea
Girls Champion will receive exemption to:
- 2018 Beth Daniel Junior Azalea
*Additional Rankings and Exemptions will be listed as they are secured.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Below is our preferred partner hotel for which you can obtain a discounted rate as a participant in the event:
|THE INLET SPORTS LODGE
4600 US 17 Business
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
|Studio Room with King Bed or Two (2) Twin Beds||$99 + tax ($119.88)|
|Phone: 877.585.9360||Please mention Dustin Johnson World Junior.|
PRIVATE HOUSING: As another housing option, juniors traveling alone may request private housing for the event. Please contact us to explore the option of private housing on-site.
AIRPORT: Myrtle Beach International Airport is located on the south end of Myrtle Beach, approximately one mile from the Atlantic Ocean; it is also easily accessible from U.S. 17 Business or Bypass Visit Myrtle Beach International Airport’s Website
FLIGHT OPTION #2: Fly into Charleston,SC – Flying directly into Charleston, SC can prove to be a less expensive alternative to flying directly into Myrtle Beach International Airport. The drive to Myrtle Beach from Charleston is approx. 2 hours depending on traffic and weather conditions. Visit Charleston Airport’s Website
FLIGHT OPTION #3: Fly into Wilmington,NC – Wilmington, NC is also a great alternative for those who’ll be lodging in the North Myrtle Beach area. Wilmington is approx. a 1:30 hour commute to the Myrtle Beach area. Visit Wilmington Airport’s Website
Participants will receive a Welcome Gift Package consisting of commemorative golf items. The 2018 Tournament Package includes:
- Adidas Golf Shoes
- Oakley Sunglasses
- Nexbelt Belt
- Adidas Pullover
- Dozen Taylormade Tour Preferred Golf Balls
- Ahead Tournament Hat
- GT Golf DJ Logo’d Towel
- PRG Golf Driver Head Cover
- PRG Golf Scorecard Cover
- More to come!
*All items are subject to change*
February 10th – Wild Wing Plantation – Avocet Course
- Open to Boys and Girls ages 13-18
- Cost is $40 per player
- AM Tee Times
- Boys will play from approximately 6800 yards
- Girls will play from approximately 6000 yards
NOTICE TO COMPETITORS
Play is governed by the 2016-2019 Rules of Golf and its Decisions, the NCAA Local Rules and Conditions of Competition, and the following local rules. TPC of Myrtle Beach local rules and other posted local rules have no bearing on this competition.
- OUT OF BOUNDS is defined by inside points at ground level of white stakes, and/or lines. All main roads are OUT OF BOUNDS. No relief without penalty from these structures.
- WATER AND LATER WATER HAZARD LINES: Yellow stakes identify water hazards and yellow lines define margins. Red stakes identify lateral water hazards and red lines define margins.
2a. BALL DROP: On holes #5 at 88 yards and #17 at 112 yards
2b. ENVIRONMENTAL AREAS: These signs do not apply to this event. You may play from any hazards or wooded area.
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR is defined by white lines. Fire ant mounds, French drains, and newly laid sod are ground under repair even though unmarked.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS include paved cart paths, restrooms, and railroad ties adjacent to paved cart paths. White lined areas tying into cart paths are part of the obstruction. Relief is available under Rule 24-2b. Clubhouse, parking lot and all shrubbery adjoining these areas are to be considered one obstruction. Player may proceed to the nearest of two ball drops located in front of clubhouse. See appendix 1, page 111 in the 2010-2011 Rules of Golf Booklet.
- INTEGRAL PARTS OF THE COURSE include artificial walls and pilings when located within water hazards, and all flower beds. Relief without penalty is not available.
- BUNKERS: All prepared sandy areas are bunkers (hazards).
- SCORING: Scorecards must be signed, attested, and returned to the official scoring area. Scores are official when players leave the scoring area. The scoring area is located behind #9 green.
- CLOSE OF COMPETITION: The competition shall be deemed to have closed when all scores have been posted on the official scorecard and approved by the Rules Committee.
- TEES: Play will be conducted from the Dustin Johnson World Junior Tournament Tees
- EMBEDDED BALL: A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball where dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.
- PLAYOFF: Tie for First Place Individual. Playoff will start immediately after scorings is completed.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If during a stipulated round a player uses a device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3 for which the penalty is disqualification regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
Martyn Woodhouse, Lew Gach, Allen Terrell & Donnie Bowers (Chair)
Founders Group International is Myrtle Beach’s leading golf management company. Founders Group International manages 22 Myrtle Beach golf courses including TPC Myrtle Beach, Grand Dunes Resort Club, World Tour International and Pine Lakes Country Club.
The DJGS is committed to providing all clients with a comprehensive game plan for long term development. Director of Coaching Allen Terrell clearly understands there is no perfect model for every student and focuses on the importance of having proper function instead of just proper form.